How many icons fit in an action bar? How much spacing should you leave between 2 Android UI elements?
Android’s Design Guide gives us a lot of guidance for the Android platform, but the information is not always easy to navigate.
What if you just want quick answers to your most frequently asked Android design questions?
Enter the cheat sheet. Here you’ll find compiled information about proper practices when designing for the platform. It covers:
- Android Text Fields, Seek Bars, Spinners, Pickers, Switches, and their use cases
- 9-patch assets, with the addition of optical bounds layout capabilities
- Android device sizes and their associated screen, action bar, status bar, and tab bar sizes
- Proper padding for UI elements
- Action bar, contextual, and launcher icon specifics
- dp to px conversions
We first developed this for use internally, but we’ve found it so useful and time-saving that we’d like to share it with the whole community.
Click on the image or here for a full size version.
For future updates, please subscribe to our email list at the bottom of the page (under the comments)!
Meghan is a UX/UI designer at POSSIBLE Mobile and has been coloring inside the lines since she was old enough to hold a crayon. When she's not manifesting new ideas, she spends her time perfecting the art of improv parkour.