Our Favorite ARKit Apps for iOS 11
POSSIBLE Mobile is very excited about augmented reality and building apps with iOS 11’s ARKit. We produced a POC for the PGA TOUR, and are excited to get products to the market. Here’s the demo we created using ARKit for a 3D golf course model.
There are some great ARKit apps out now, and here are some of our favorites. One thing to note, just because your device can upgrade to iOS 11 doesn’t mean it can run all of the new AR software. For example, older iPad Minis capable of running iOS 11 don’t have the horsepower.
- Our friends at Occipital Labs released TapMeasure. This app helps users measure their interior spaces and hang perfectly level artwork in their homes or office spaces.
- The Thomas & Friends Minis AR game is great for young kids. Kids can build and create their very own train set, and then immerse themselves in what they just built with augmented reality.
- SkyGuide AR is another one of our favorites, created by Fifth Star Labs. With this app, you can hold your device to the sky and automatically find constellations, planets, and satellites. Star gazing has never been so easy.
- Don’t worry, we didn’t forget about the IKEA Place App. IKEA Place lets users virtually ‘place’ IKEA products in their homes and offices. This app will help make buying decisions even easier when decorating your space.
- And lastly, Fitness AR (syncs with Strava) is a must-try for the athletic types. By using MapBox, an open source mapping platform, and Apple’s ARKit, users can visualize their running and biking routes on a 3D terrain map. Users can record and make videos of their routes on the 3D virtual map to save and share with others.
Interested in finding out how your brand can leverage the possibilities of iOS 11’s ARKit? Please contact us at DEN.Info@possible.com, we’d be happy to help.